Gro - Gro Clock with Story Book
- Free shipping on orders over $75 or $10.95 shipping for orders under $75
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
Gro – GroClock with Story Book
If you have ever been woken up at 5am by children thinking that it is time to start their day, and yours, you will appreciate how the Gro Clock can be of assistance. Sometimes children can seem to make you feel that getting a full nights sleep is an unattainable relic of a past life.
So how can you encourage your early riser to stay in bed (or their bedroom) until a reasonable hour?
With a Gro Clock displays the stars in blue at night-time and changes to an orange sun when it is time to get up. This is a simple concept that children from an early age can understand.
Gro Clocks silent operation and adjustable brightness features allows children to sleep as the display changes with the stars going out one by one during the course of the night to show the passing of time.
The simple illustrative pictures help children that are too young to read a regular clock understand when it is time to get up.
When your child wakes, they should look at the clock to observe its colour and to see how many stars are left before the sun rises and it is time to get up. If you wish you can program an audible alarm to sound as the sun rises.
Children can have quite activities or books at the ready in their room, should they wake and wish to read quietly if they can’t get back to sleep while waiting for the cheerful smiley sun to get up.
More bedtime in the early hours means more sleep or rest for them and more rest for you!
Gro Clock can be pre-set with two ‘wake up times’. If you would like these may be one for weekday nights and one for nap times or, if you are lucky, one a bit later for weekends!
Gro Clock is easy to set up with simple steps set out in the manual.
The wake up time can be adjusted with ease so you can progressively move it back by 5 minutes every few days until your chid is staying in bed until a more "reasonable" hour.
Gro Clock has a Key-lock option so children can't adjust any settings that you have put into place.
The useful Gro Clock's is also educational for older children who can learn about telling the time on a digital clock as well.
Included with your Gro Clock is a story book that parents can incorporate in to their child’s bedtime routine. The book tells the story about a friendly group of farm animals and in particular Percy, a tired and grumpy pig who is a grump during the day because he doesn’t get enough sleep at night. Percy’s friends want to help him to have more fun.
The other farm animals give Percy a new clock and tell him that he must go to sleep when the stars are out and not wake up until he sees the sun. By doing so, he gets plenty of sleep and is then a much happier and fun pig. Illustrated by leading children's artist, Mike Terry, it has been specifically written to accompany the Gro Clock and includes an important message - sleeping all night long helps everyone to be happy and full of energy.
This clock manages to grow alongside your child making it great value for money, fun for children, and practical for parents.
- Glowing screen shows images of stars and sun to communicate 'sleep' and 'wake-up' time
- Stars go out one-by-one during the night to show the passing of time
- Silent operation
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Option to set two separate wake-up times (weekday/weekend or night-time/day-time nap)
- Optional audible alarm feature
- Optional digital display to aid learning
- Easy to adjust timer
- Includes bedtime story book
- Educational option of showing digital clock during the ‘stars to sun’ countdown
- “Mr Star” night time graphic
- Conforms to highest applicable British and European Standards
- Mains powered
Dimensions: 12.4 x 16.4 x 22.4cm
Age: 2+ Years
Cord: Gro Clock comes with a long electrical cord. Please ensure that the clock is safely installed and the cord tied in a suitable cleat.
- Make it Magic – Make reading the book a performance. Say goodnight to the sun. Whisper to the stars on the screen. Shower your child with praise when they stay in bed until the sun shines.
- Have Two Winners – Initially set the clock to their usual get up time. Praise the child if they stay in bed until the sun shines, even it is too early for you!
- Work Slowly – Gradually move the wake up time by 5-6 minutes at a time to allow your child time to adjust.
- Be Consistent – This is an important step. If the child wakes during the night, be patient and pop them back into bed. Remind the child to stay in bed until the sun shines.
- Reward – Try to have a small treat or reward (eg: a sticker) for every 3-5days in a row where the child only gets up on schedule.